Ocean Rigging provides professional splicing services for marine and industry use, from basic anchor-line set up to double-braid and spectra halyards.
- 3 Strand eye, back and chain splices.
- Water ski rope buried eye splice with lock stitching
- Water ski rope eye with locked brummel
- Dyneema eye splice with locked brummel
- Dyneema continuous loop splice
- Double-braid eye splice with lock stitching
- Spectra eye splice with lock stitching
A splice provides a neater and more compact alternative to a knot, whilst retaining close to the full breaking strength of the line. A knot typically reduces the breaking strength by approximately 30% – 50%.
Many types of splices can work loose when not under load and therefore require lock stitching to maintain the integrity of the splice.